A detailed and vague account of my escapist adventures, my treatise's on the world, social commentary, and homage to ninjas, dragons, and ninjas with dragon heads.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Top of the schmornin to ye laardieshesses

Ah St. Patties... that magical time of the year where dallasites hang up their image obsessed culture to get really scholsched... or maybe it just brings others out of the woodwork to dilute the snoberati either way, bars are funner (oh yes, I used it) and more reminiscent of austin for this one magical day. St. Patties also brings on powers of drink that can conquer even the greatest of drinkers. I myself fell prey just last year to St. Patties... I thought I had enough supergreen gear on, with my leprechaun hat and my iron-on clover+claddagh shirt, but sadly not. This year I wouldn't be deterred! But what you might ask could top a festive hat and a new iron-on shirt ("Boof me I'm german Irish")? A cape! Yes, you read that right. After all what supergear is super without an appropriate supercape? So with time dwindling I set out to walmart, acquired the last of their quality st patties gear and headed home. After acquiring the sewing prowless of my mom, while getting a few good laughs as she would repeatedly verbally berate her sewing machine, my supergear was in full effect. You can get a chronological picturing of my supergear through out the night at Tool's blog. Now one might say, "but you're clearly trashed by the IHOP pic... some supergear that is!" to which I must remind you, "aha, but can wolverine not bleed? can he not even have his adamantium skeleton ripped from his body in X-men #25 of the fatal attraction series, but does he die? Nay!" Supergear is about the triumph of good over evil, and in this case the evil is being sick from booze. Triumph indeed.

TheGreenAvenger,
me.

p.s. The random older people in those pics on tool's blog were random people we just met at the bar that we invited to join our table. Something that doesn't happen when lights don't shine quite so green in dallas. (being at a cool bar helped also)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home