A detailed and vague account of my escapist adventures, my treatise's on the world, social commentary, and homage to ninjas, dragons, and ninjas with dragon heads.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

rush induced rambles

Contingent Offers of Doom, well what can I say, they suck. It would seem in the consulting world you're offered a contingent offer which is like a job offer, in that they offer you everything except a start date. Then you're floated to clients until someone decides to hire you, which could be a week, a month or never. So I guess Monday I redouble my efforts on seeking other positions and hope for the best.
Its that day again, and google in good spirit has once again came through with google romance. My favorite however is Ars-Technica's game review of none other than Duke Nukem Forever. Why did it take so long? DNF has been rewritten as an AJAX application on Ruby it will run on any platform in your web browser. ;)

Since I really don't do much, my fools day was pretty uneventful. Last night on the other hand was awesome. We started at the Idle Rich, then went back to addison, then back to idle rich to wait for some people to get off work at IR. From there it was to a sushi place down on greenville across from El Cabana, in which all men present were named Mike. Being shoddy on names, this was sweet. The place is pretty damn good, but like any Sushi place on greenville it aint cheap. After that we ended our drinking at the Dubliner. Rachems was a bum and bailed after, but Jenn, Stevie, Mike and myself went to the Richardson Cafe Brazil. Aside from Patties I can't remember such a long night, gootdimes.

If you get a chance check out The Loop. It's not the best comedy ever, but it does have a youth-oriented humor that most sitcoms on TV severly lack. Besides the plethora of great words for unfortuante situations to add to your vernacular are woth the effort alone.

Finally, if you enjoy books of the LotR and Harry Potter variety check our Eragon. An incredible book that walks the line of coming of age tale of HP and sweeping epic of LotR. Did I mention it has dragons?

So, I gave up caffeine last week and I came to one quick and resonatingly clear conclusion: Frapjackets... jackballs? Well dammit I told you 2 paragraphs ago to watch The Loop, I'm hardly responsible if you're not caught up yet. Anywho... it foooookin blows. I love caffeine. While I realize that my over dependence on caffeine needs curtailing, giving it up is nuts. If you saved puppies and kittens while feeding the homeless a little too much that you had a desire to do it each day you woke up would you walk away for good? from puppies? and hobos? NO! You'd stare the hobos and puppies in the eye and say, "I will destroy you!!!!" So I'm back to drinking caffeine, albeit not by the 12pack. This is a dark dark day for humanity indeed.

with a hard on for C8H10N4O2,
me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home