A detailed and vague account of my escapist adventures, my treatise's on the world, social commentary, and homage to ninjas, dragons, and ninjas with dragon heads.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

TV... giver of life, warmth and secret lover.

So... Kristen Bell errrrow. I marathoned Veronica Mars season one this weekend and caught up on tivo for season 2. This show is incredible. I think becuase it's such a vast contrast to current shows like Lost, the OC and Alias where NOTHING HAPPENS EVER! I felt like the season was almost over and I was only in 5 of 23ish so much plot went down. Centered in a setting very similar to the OC but with plot and no cliches (which are becoming overbearing in the new season of OC) it follows the adventures of one Veronica Mars, apprentice to her father P.I., as she unravels the great dirty secrets of rich people.

Sooo... Lost, Alias, OC, and a bunch of other shows are suuuuuuucking. Why do they drag on and on? And Lost's reuse of footage is just fookin lame. FOOKIN I tell yah!

So what is good? Well My Name is Earl has impressed thus far. All the actors are excellent in their delivery and seldom is it that a show really captures a unique prespective as opposed to just showing a plot with punchlines. (scrubs and frasier are some of the few I can think of). Smallville is only solid so far, but frequently builds to a much better late season than early. Also Supernatural is the damndeedigity. Screw every other ghost/nightstalker/etc show on the fall lineup. First off, I'd like to give props to the WB for using 20 something actors who play... wait for it... 20 something characters. Step in the right direction guys. The show has really solid horror cinematography, lighting, and special effects on par with the movies in objective quality but with more style and mood than most movies. House still wins as the best character drama on television. And Everybody Hates Chris is rock solid but is fucked by timeslots. Finally Nip/Tuck fucking rocks it like always. Most provocative, if not best show, on television hands down. Oh and guilty pleasures of the day goes to Las Vegas and Boston Legal. Denny Crane! I can see that casting call, 'who could we possibly get to out apeshit james spader? William Shatner ofcourse!'

sexin up the boob tube,
me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home