A detailed and vague account of my escapist adventures, my treatise's on the world, social commentary, and homage to ninjas, dragons, and ninjas with dragon heads.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Confirmation hearings

Don't really know what to say about this so far. On the one hand, the democrats keep beating a dead bush with 'quotes' from John Robert's memos from over 20 years ago. Which is rediculous really because a) those memos/papers were written under the employment of a political agency and b) it was over 20 years ago. Which brings us to the counter point, the senate was denied recent documents and so they really don't have too much recent material to use so it's really their fault. (how a high level senate committee can be denied documents is beyond me btw) My impressions so far is that John Roberts is an ethical, fair individual with unbelievable experience in constitutional law. But who knows, Iraq had weapons of mass destruction so I can't help but always feel 2 steps away from being hoodwinked with the current administration.

disillusioned,
me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home