A detailed and vague account of my escapist adventures, my treatise's on the world, social commentary, and homage to ninjas, dragons, and ninjas with dragon heads.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

the heart of life is good.

So courtesy of ElBlacko, I acquired a 'stealth performance' by John Mayer (where the billing was done under a different name and then posted last minute) to preview some of his material for his upcoming album Continuum. For some reason a lot of people write him off, mostly because they never even listened to much of his music. Clearly not being one of those people I kind of sat on the album before posting (or that 'talking about' thing you HUUMAWNS do with each other) because to me his music is frequently raw life, pulling directly from love, angst, fear, hope, etc, albeit with killer word choice, transcribed in song. Before really finding my ideas about the new songs I had to live a bit with them. Now that I have, to me this is some of his best yet. See lines below, full lyrics here.

Trust Myself
hold on to whatever you find baby
hold on to whatever will get you through
hold on to whatever you find baby
i dont trust myself with lovin you

I will beg myself into your garden
then I'll break my way out when it rains
just to get back to the place where i started
so i can want you back all over again



Waiting on the World to Change
now if we had the power
to bring our neighbors home from war
they would have never missed a Christmas
no more ribbons on their door
and when you trust your television
what you get is what you got
cause when they own the information, oh
they can bend it all they want



Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
It's not a silly little moment
It's not the storm before the calm
This is the deep and dyin breath of
this love we've been workin on
Can't seem to hold you like I want to
so I can feel you in my arms
Nobody's gonna come and save you
we pulled to many false alarms

We're goin down
and you can see it too
We're goin down
and you know that we're doomed
my dear
we're slow dancing in a burnin room



Dreaming with a Broken Heart
When you're dreamin with a broken heart
The wakin is the hardest part
you roll outta bed and down on your knees
and for a moment you can hardly breath

wonderin was she really here
is she standin in my room
no she's not, cuz she's
gone gone gone gone gone



Stop this Train
Don't know how else to say it
dont wanna see my parents go
one generations length away from
findin life out on my own

Come on Stop this train
I wanna get off and go home
again
cant take the speed
it's movin in
I know i cant
but honestly wont someone
stop this train



In Repair
Too many shadows in my room
too many hours in this midnight
too many corners in my mind
so much to do to set my heart right

Oh its taking to long
i could be wrong
i could be ready
Oh but if I take my heart's advice
I should assume, it's still unsteady
I am in repair



Another You
I'm gonna sing my way away from blue
I'm gonna find another you

When I was your lover
No one else would do
If I'm forced to find another
I hope she looks like you
and shes nicer too



Since I love this song so much, I'll post its entirety.
The Heart of Life
I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
so turn off your tears
and listen

Pain throws your heart to the ground
love turns the whole thing around
no it wont all go the way
it should
but I know the heart of life is good

You know it's nothin new
bad news never had good timing
then the circle of your friends
will defend the silver lining

Pain throws your heart to the ground
love turns the whole thing around
fear is a friend who is
misunderstood
but I know the heart of life is good
I know its good, i know its good
oh i know its good

oh i do i do i do

oh i know its good


rockin my soundtrack,
me.

bonus from his John Mayer Trio material:
Try! (aka the Ultra elBlacko&McWhiteyton soundtrack song)
Takes four days to get to like me
But two to wanna leave
But the part that really gets me
Are all the moments in between
Now I lie to get a little
And laugh at every little thing
She's high on information
But now I'm low on self-esteem

So I'm gonna try (try)
I'm gonna try (try)
Gonna try to be myself
Although myself will wonder why
I'm gonna try (try)
I'm gonna try (try)
Gonna try to be myself this time

I'm a hundred kinds of crazy
But I only wanna find
One sweet little angel
Who's gonna let me speak my mind
All I ever do these days
Is dumb my process down
She's making her decision
But now I'm losing all my ground

So I'm gonna try (try)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home